Oct 01, 2021
College of the Ozarks rebroadcasts The National Symposium on Patriotic Education
POINT LOOKOUT, MO. — College of the Ozarks is now rebroadcasting The National Symposium on Patriotic Education. The digital, on-demand format will be available for the next two weeks from Oct. 1-14. The NSPE was originally held on Sept. 16-17.
Access to the rebroadcasting of the event is available online at www.cofo.edu/America-login.
Thousands registered to view the content digitally from the comfort of their homes and offices across the nation, while students, staff, and faculty attended the primary convocation in The Howell W. Keeter Athletic Complex on the College’s campus. Due to the overwhelming amount of interest, viewers, and feedback received, the event is now available online for a limited time.
The purpose of the Symposium was to revive historic American values and virtues on the eve of the 250th anniversary of America’s founding. It featured keynote speaker Michael R. Pence, 48th vice president of the United States.
The rebroadcast will offer a viewing of the following speakers and sessions:
- “Liberty’s Legacy” - Michael R. Pence, former vice president of the United States
- “Liberty’s Lessons” - Sarah Huckabee Sanders, former White House press secretary
- “Liberty’s Foundation” - Dr. Ben Carson, retired neurosurgeon and former secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- “Liberty’s Cost” - Edward Graham, assistant to the vice president of Programs and Government Relations for Samaritan’s Purse (Military-perspective)
- “Liberty’s Cost” - Ryan Manion, President of the Travis Manion Foundation (Family-Perspective)
- All Class Formation - Patriotic Education 103 classes
The NSPE is only the beginning of the College’s efforts to energize, encourage, and educate Americans through patriotic education resources.