Oct 19, 2020
College of the Ozarks theatre students to present “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten,” Oct. 15 – 18
Event - Internal only
POINT LOOKOUT, MO. —The College of the Ozarks Theatre Department will present “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten” as its fall production.
Performances will take place Thursday – Saturday, Oct. 15-17, at 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 18, at 2:30 p.m., and Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct 20-21, at 7:30 p.m.in the Jones Auditorium.
With the covid guidelines, seating is currently limited to students, faculty, staff and administration. Tickets are free, but reservations are required in order to maintain social distancing guidelines. Seating is limited.
The play, performed by C of O students, is directed by Lisa Young, associate professor of theatre. Based on Robert Fulghum’s best-selling books, “Kindergarten” takes a funny, insightful, heartwarming look at what is profound in everyday life. The delightful stories feature colorful characters such as: a shy little boy who insists on playing the “pig” in his class production of Cinderella and steals the show; a man whose dream of flying carries him high over Los Angeles… in a lawn chair buoyed by surplus weather balloons; a “mother of the bride” who’s staged a perfect wedding-until the bowling ball of fate rolls down the aisle; and a modern-day Greek philosopher who finds the meaning of life in a piece of broken mirror from World War II. These stories celebrate our very existence, from the whimsy of childhood to the wisdom of old age.
Cast (The characters names will remain the same in the production):
- Christian Belcher, sophomore music theatre major from Blanchard, Oklahoma
- Josiah Wolfard, junior music theatre major from Marshfield, Missouri
- William Bressler, sophomore theatre major from Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Dorothie Goode, sophomore music theatre major from Vilonia, Arkansas
- Anna Brayman, sophomore music theatre major from Hollister, Missouri
- Izzy Sutton, junior theatre major from Bunker, Missouri
- Bradley Shelton, junior theatre major from Cassville, Missouri
- Audrey Echols, junior video production major from Kirbyville, Missouri
To make reservations, call the Theatre Department Box Office at (417) 690-2626.