Guests are welcome to visit campus at their leisure, using the Campus Map as a guide to see the many wonderful attractions on campus. An audio Cd is available in the public relations office for the self-guided tour.
Charter Bus Tours
The Public Relations department provides free student-guided tours for charter bus groups. Tours are offered on the hour 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday thru Friday. To schedule an appointment for your charter bus, call 417-690-3241. The tour includes visiting the Williams Memorial Chapel, Greenhouses, Mill, and the Fruitcake and Jelly Kitchen.
Prospective Student Tours
Prospective student tours are available through the Admissions Office, Monday through Friday. Because our guides are our students, appointments are strongly recommended as it is helpful when scheduling. Please do not make travel plans until you have secured your tour appointment through the admissions office.
Call 417-690-COFO (2636) to schedule an appointment. This tour is guided by students, and includes a walk around our beautiful campus, a stop at a residence room, and Williams Memorial Chapel. Walk-in tours (non-scheduled) are accepted on an availability basis.
- Our tour guides are our hard-working College of the Ozarks students. Often, they have class immediately following tours, so it is crucial to our students’ success that tours depart promptly at the scheduled time. If you are going to be late for your appointment, please notify us at 417-690-COFO (2636). If you are late, it is very possible you may have to reschedule, or take a later tour in the day.
- If you wish to visit with a professor from a particular department, please contact the Admissions Office well in advance and we will provide contact information so that you may schedule an appointment at your convenience. For efficient communication, is important that you correspond directly with professors.
- Our campus tour is a walking tour and lasts approximately one hour. You will see our beautiful campus, various student service facilities, Williams Memorial Chapel, and a residence hall room. Our student guides are very familiar with the admissions process and can answer most any question you have about admissions, and life at C of O.
- If anyone in your tour has difficulty walking or is bringing any type of ambulatory aids (wheelchairs, strollers, etc.) please notify us at least a day in advance so that we may make certain we allow extended time to conduct your tour efficiently.
- If you find it necessary to bring your cell phone on tour, please be courteous and do not use it while on the tour. Please turn it to silent, and avoid receiving or making calls/text messages.