Welcome to the College of The Ozarks Psychology Department! The focus of our department is to prepare students to evaluate psychology concepts from a biblically-informed Christian Worldview, to be intelligent consumers of research, and to possess pre-professional knowledge and skills. A balanced curriculum brings together the theoretical and practical dimensions of psychology through experiential psychology courses and opportunities for community-based internships.
Objectives of the Psychology Program
At College of the Ozarks, there are academic, vocational, and Christian, patriotic and cultural goals associated with our psychology degrees. The objectives for psychology majors include:
- demonstrate practical working knowledge of the science and theoretical applications of psychology (Academic)
- obtain a foundation in psychology sufficient for further professional training or graduate work in such fields as counseling, clinical psychology, public safety, social services, or school counseling (Vocational)
- integrate psychological concepts with a Christian worldview in order to effectively incorporate faith in the human services field (Christian)
- impact their local and global communities by applying practical skills and psychological knowledge to solving personal and societal issues (Patriotic)
- evidence awareness of the influence of cultural backgrounds and experiences on the development of psychological processes (Cultural)