Required Schedule Flexibility
(1-5 scale with 5 as most flexible): 4
The Patriotic Activities Office is open Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm and is closed on College holidays. Student workers may have to work an occasional evening/weekend in regard to events being held by the College. Student workers will have various clerical responsibilities, including telephone reception, letter writing, hotel booking, and travel logistics. Student workers will communicate with Veterans and College affiliates in a professional, friendly manner.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
A. The following are primary duties and responsibilities of the position:
• Assist in event planning, preparation, and attending of convocations and events
• Assist in guest relations at the event
• Assist in coordinating printed publications
• Receptionist and general office duties
• Make travel plans and prepare other travel logistics
• Oversee the upkeep of flags on campus
• Remain professional in all situations
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
B. The following are possible secondary duties and responsibilities of the position:
• Assist in maintaining databases
• Clerical work of various kinds
• Computer work and research
• Correspondence as assigned
• Proof reading as necessary
• Answering the phone
• Pick up and deliver mail
• Deliver items to the print shop and other areas on campus
• Go on and off campus errands as needed
• General cleaning duties
• Vacuum, dust, clean windows, water plants, etc.
• Reliability and punctuality
• Ability to work well with people and the public
• Well-groomed and adhere to office dress code
• High level of professionalism
• Good telephone skills
• Ability to focus on detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding private information
• Pleasant personality
• High level of initiative
• Above average writing skills
• Ability to entertain and talk with Veterans and College affiliates for certain periods of time.
- The responsibilities of this office are ever-evolving. Flexibility is key as responsibilities can change.
- Applications are required for consideration. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, if there is an office opening.