Student Office Assistant
Required Schedule Flexibility
(1-5 scale with 5 as most flexible): 2
The Office of the Academic Dean is open from 8 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The office does close during the lunch hour. There is very little opportunity to work additional hours in the evening or weekends. The exception is during the spring semester special events such as the Dean’s Honor Banquet, and graduation. The weekend of these special events requires student assistance.
The Office of the Academic Dean works closely with all faculty members/adjuncts and maintains student academic records such as request for advisors, internships, graduation extension requests, course substitutions and transfer course requests. Student Assistants must have an eye for detail and maintain accurate records. In addition, students will answer incoming calls, greet guests, assist with certain events, and assist the work supervisor and the Dean of the College as requested.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times,
Maintain computer records with accuracy,
Excellent telephone skills/accurate message taking,
File and maintain records, forms, and requests,
Effective communication skills with students, faculty, and staff,
Excellent writing skills; able to prepare memos, notes, and letters.
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
Office maintenance such as vacuum, dust, water plants, fill printers, etc.,
Assist with special events and projects upon request.
Excellent computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office,
Basic understanding of College catalog requirements,
Familiarity with faculty and staff,
Effective communication skills,
Must be detail-oriented and enjoy office routine and paperwork,
Respectful and dependable,
Reliability, punctuality, and well-groomed appearance.
Good typing skills/telephone manners,
Conscientious and hard-working,
Work with others and remain pleasant with many interruptions.
Send an email with an updated resume to Sallie Hitchcock (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your interest in applying to the Dean of the College office.
The student will:
• Demonstrate dependability by reporting to work on time and completing tasks assigned in an efficient manner,
• Understand appropriate attire and display positive work habits,
• Recognize the importance of confidentiality and workplace loyalty,
• Demonstrate excellent telephone skills and accurate message taking,
• Use effective communication skills within the office setting and with other students, faculty, and staff,
• Develop excellent writing skills: able to prepare memos, notes, letters, etc.,
• Understand teamwork by being an effective team player when working on special events and projects,
• Maintain records with accuracy and have an eye for detail,
• Understand how to take the initiative and complete tasks with confidence,
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software,
• Understand the importance of a clean and organized workplace environment.