To encourage an understanding of American heritage, civic responsibility, love of country, and willingness to defend it: this is the patriotic goal of the College.
We work to achieve this important goal in a number of ways. From our Patriotic Education course to trips abroad visiting historic sites of battle in our nation's history, The College provides its students with rich opportunities to learn about and experience the land of the free and the home of the brave.
The College proudly embraces the patriotic traditions of the United States of America and provides many programs and activities throughout the year that emphasize patriotism. These include:
- Honor America, the College’s annual Independence Day celebration,
- September 11 Annual Commemoration,
- Reading of the Constitution on Constitution Day, and
- Veteran’s Day service.
Additionally, the College provides numerous opportunities for students to learn, become involved, and show respect to our nation. These opportunities include:
- The Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) and Citizenship classes provide formal academic training for students with regard to learning how to become effective citizens and if desired, members of the military.
- Fall voter registration drives are held during which students are encouraged to become active voters. The College provides transportation to local voting precincts when needed.
- The College Democrats, College Republicans, and Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) are student organizations that encourage students to become politically aware and active. These groups sponsor several events to enhance awareness and encourage participation in elections. These organizations are governed by Student Senate, which also places a heavy emphasis on patriotism.
- All members of the College community are expected to stand, be respectful, and attentive when a color guard presents the United States flag, and anytime the United States Pledge of Allegiance is recited, and/or when the Star Spangled Banner is played/sang.
Please, continue to browse our website for more information on our unique college's dedication to its patriotic goal.