- Founded as the School of the Ozarks in 1906. The Junior College started in 1956. Four-year program started in 1965. Renamed College of the Ozarks in 1990.
- Located on a 1,000 acre campus overlooking Lake Taneycomo at Point Lookout, Missouri, 40 miles south of Springfield, near Branson and Hollister, Missouri.
- Special Recognition:
U.S. News & World Report, "Best College" yearly since 1989,
Forbes, "Top Colleges" and "Best Buy Colleges,"
Templeton Honor Roll, "Character Building College,"
Money Magazine's "Best Buy College Guide,"
Barron's "300 Best Buys in Higher Education,"
Princeton Review, "The Best 331 Colleges,"
and many more.
- Currently, the College has 91 full-time faculty members; the majority hold the doctoral degree. 190 staff members.
- The current student-faculty ratio is 15:1.
- Enrollment: 1,500
- Residential campus
- The College offers Bachelors of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Nursing degrees.