Patriotic Education Goal
To encourage an understanding of American heritage, civic responsibility, love of country, and willingness to defend it: this is the patriotic goal of the College.
What We're Doing
We work to achieve this important goal and promote core American values in a number of ways. From our Patriotic Education and Military Science course to trips abroad visiting historic sites of battle in our nation's history, the College provides its students with rich opportunities to learn about and experience the land of the free and the home of the brave.
The College proudly embraces the patriotic traditions of the United States of America and provides many programs and activities throughout the year that emphasize patriotism. These include:
- Honor America, the College’s annual Independence Day celebration
- September 11 Annual Commemoration
- Reading of the Constitution on Constitution Day
- Veteran's Day service
Additionally, the College provides numerous opportunities for students to learn, become involved, and show respect to our nation. These opportunities include:
- The Bobcat GOLD Program
- Patriotic Education/Military science courses
- Student organizations, such as The College Democrats, College Republicans, and Young Americans for Freedom (YAF)
- Decorum: All members of the College community are expected to stand, be respectful, and attentive when colors are presented and anytime the Pledge of Allegiance is recited, and/or when the Star Spangled Banner is played/sung.
Continue to browse our website for more information on our unique college's dedication to patriotic education and core American values.