Based on the book Miracle in the Ozarks
by Jerry C. Davis, College of the Ozarks President
Adapted for stage by Mark Young, M.F.A.
Chair of Performing and Professional Arts,
College of the Ozarks
For dining reservations or
more information about the play,
call (417) 690-2120.
- Nov. 10 Special showing for Veterans, open to the public
- All performances are FREE and open to the public
- For general information, please call (417) 239-1900
- Groups and motorcoaches please call (417) 690-2122 for more information.
- Doors open at 1:30pm
- Seating is limited and first come first serve. No reserved seating is available (unless group of 15 or more)
- The duration of the play is approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes
Railway to Heaven: A True Story of an Ozarks P.O.W.
Don't miss this dramatic depiction of the experiences of Pfc. Roy Hopper in the original play, “Railway to Heaven: A True Story of an Ozarks P.O.W.” The play is based on the book, Miracle in the Ozarks, by Jerry C. Davis, president of College of the Ozarks. Roy was a School of the Ozarks student who was drafted into the Army in 1943 to serve in WWII. He was involved in the invasion of Normandy in France, only to later be captured by the German Army. He endured torture, the death of his best friend,and witnessed unimaginable atrocities at the hands of the Nazis. This is the powerful and touching story of a true American hero.
Make your day complete with an amazing lunch or dinner at The Keeter Center! Seating is limited, so make your reservations today!